Tuesday 5 February 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine

I recently bought a Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail polish in Boots. I didn't plan on purchasing it, the colour just caught my eye and as we're coming into Spring I thought that I should really stock up on pastel colours and leave the blacks and wines for Winter! I bought the nail polish in "Prickly Pear" and I love the colour. These nail polishes are basically designed to be like a Shellac or Gelac finish, with an ultra-glossy look. I've got Gelac nails done before and I love them, I just hated when they started growing out and the damage done to my nails after. Barry M's Gelly nail polishes are meant to be applied with one coat, and unfortunately I had to do two or three before I was happy with the colour (one coat looks slightly watery). Saying that though I painted my nails on Friday night and they haven't chipped at all (I work in a shop, so handling cash usually means my nail polish is destroyed by the end of a shift). 
One coat wasn't enough
I have to admit I do love these nail polishes and they're reasonably well priced (€5.95 each, and these were on offer at the time as buy 2 and get one free). You could get all the colours available in the range for the same price basically as getting Shellac nails done, and the results after aren't too traumatizing on your nails!
I love the colour after three coats! 
I would recommend these nail polishes, but would say to use more that one coat to get the true high shine and glossy effect!
I'd give the range and overall 4/5 mainly because one coat simply wasn't enough and they only have 9 shades currently available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each comment and will try to respond to everyone! I love feedback and it's always helpful to make my blog that little bit better!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog
Dawn xXx