Friday 5 April 2013

Dusk Till Dawn in Motel


Hey guys!
So the Motel Rocks Street Teamers were set the task of creating a style board to show your daytime spring Motel look! I had to take part in this, as I knew it would be so easy to find an array of items that I would love. It actually proved a lot more difficult than I thought as there were so many different things I wanted to put onto my style board!
I ended up with this day time look. I love the monochrome trend that's re-emerging lately and I think it's super easy to wear. I took my inspiration from the styling in the bottom right picture, however as I created my style board my ideas changed completely. I decided to go for the kind of punk rock-girly look. This look really reminds me of a sort of 90's style, the fashion "rejects"! Such a style that I'm in love with right now!
I started with the Motel Kadie High Waist Skater Skirt. I love the skater shape as I find it flatters my body well! I also don't think you can ever go wrong with a good black skirt. I paired this with the Motel Linda Long Sleeve Mesh Crop. I love this 90's feel mesh top and because it has long sleeves it would be perfect to wear in Ireland! I think everyone knows that I have a thing for leather and studs, so with this outfit you would have to throw a leather jackets over it...a jacket just like the Motel Tammy Faux Leather Studded Lapel Jacket. I love this jacket and although it's a little bit out of my price range, it's definitely something you would wear for more than one season. 
A girl can't walk around barefoot can she? I decided to add to the modern grunge feel of the outfit by throwing in a pair of Dr Martens 1460 8 eye boots. These are a something you can literally wear with anything, whether it's with a pair of shorts or a pretty floral dress!
I found the Zatchels Metallic Gold Leather Satchel and had to pop it into my style board. I think it adds a pop of colour to the the outfit and would definitely be the main focus point! It's also extremely cute and glamorous at the same time! FINALLY, to add a pop of colour to the outfit I loved the idea of using an orange nail polish, so I choose Models Own Nail Polish in Orange Sorbet. It's such a pretty and bright shade. Although the outfit is completely black I felt this shade really adds that spring summer feel to it!
What do you guys think about my style board? Yay or Nay? Don't forget you can get 20% of Motel Rocks products by entering my code "dawnrice" at the checkout! 

2 comments:

  1. i love the models own orange colour i've saw it on near enough everyone i reads blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's amazing!! Such a fab colour too!xXx

      Delete

I read each comment and will try to respond to everyone! I love feedback and it's always helpful to make my blog that little bit better!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog
Dawn xXx