Thursday 30 May 2013

Garnier Moisture Match Review

Hey guys
Long time no posts again, I'm actually becoming brutal. I'm almost finished my thesis but also feel I've become extremely lazy with it! Also thank you to anyone who answer my survey from my previous post. It was extremely helpful.

 Well on that note, onto the reason why I'm writing this post. I was sent out Garnier's new Moisture Match samples last week. I'm a fiend for trying different moisturisers and STILL haven't found one that I love (that's I lie, I have, I just refuse to pay over the top prices). The samples I received were for three different moisturisers; start afresh, protect and glow and wake me up. After trying all three samples I still feel indecisive about whether I like them or not. Now don't get me wrong Garnier always tend to be fairly well priced and do exactly what you perceive them too, but I'm still really not 100% yet. This could be due to the size of the samples, you really can't get a feel for them. Out of each sachet I got about two full faces from them, which is quite generous I suppose, but I think you really need to try them for at least a week to make your mind up. 
My skin type is neither oily or dry and I've never really had problems, such as spots, so I'm actually really lucky. I did however go through a phase of dried out patches which was due to a tinted moisturiser (since then I haven't touched a tinted moisturiser out of fear!). 
The start afresh moisturiser is for people with normal/ dry skin and is sort of like every other moisturiser. It rubs in well and smells quite nice. Nothing outstanding about it though. 
The protect and glow moisturiser is for people with normal skin and contains SPF 20. I've become a real freak lately about products containing SPF, I'm extremely fair skinned (natural ginger) and I get burnt in the shade… it's ridiculous. I also want to try minimise ageing effects, so I always try pick up moisturisers with some SPF on them. Overall, it was a good moisturiser, had a noce scent and was quite lightweight. However, there was no "glow" which didn't really bother me, but I thought I may have a slight tint after using it. 
Finally, the Wake Me Up moisturiser was probably the most disappointing. This could be due to the fact that this was the one I was most looking forward to using. I personally think my skin is quite dull and this moisturiser is specifically for people with dull skin. Again, a nice scent but not much else going for it. My skin felt just as dull as always and I actually felt as though it dried out too quickly (you know that tight feeling after an hour). 
Overall, I don't know if I would go out of my way to purchase any of these moisturisers. However, if they were on offer I would pick up one, preferably the Protect and Glow moisturiser.  They're quite average moisturisers with nothing overly appealing about them. 
What do you think about Moisture Match for Garnier? Have you tried any of these moisturers? Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each comment and will try to respond to everyone! I love feedback and it's always helpful to make my blog that little bit better!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog
Dawn xXx